Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ARMA International Show

Well ARMA 2008 has come to a close.  It was held in Las Vegas this year and being that it was my first trip to the city of sin, I must say that it will probably be my last.  Since this isn't a travel site, I won't bore you with my trip.  

Here's a recap of what I saw at the ARMA 2008 show

Vendors
The same group of vendors were present this year, some with a new name like Tower is now HP.  Some have solidified their relationships like MDY who was aquired several years ago by CA. In general the booth presence was smaller this year, gone were the massive booths that vendors would bring in and instead smaller, leaner, more intimate settings were established.  

Education
As always, the lineup of educational seminars was top notch at th ARMA Show.  I'm not saying that because I was a presentor at the show, but because ARMA pours a tremendous amout of time and energy into making the seminars great.  Some notable seminars include:


and the Though Leadership Session RIM: The Next Three Years

This session was facilitated by:
  • April Dmytrenko, CRM, FAI 
  • Wendy Shade, FAI 
  • Deb Gearhart, CRM, FAI 
  • Julie Gable, CDIA,CRM,FAI 
  • Jim Coulson, CRM, FAI 
  • Christine Ardern, CRM, FAI 
  • Tad Howington, CRM, CA, FAI

I'm hoping that ARMA will be able to post a summary of this session.  I was not able to attend this session :( but from all reports it was probably the best session at the show.  

Overall the show was fantastic.  The team that puts together this event does a better job year after year.  


No comments: