Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog, Electronic Content Management.  I've been dabbling with blogs for the past year or so (see http://entium.blogspot.com).  As my career in the content management space develops, I have been fortunate to be accepted to speak at the ARMA International convention twice.  As with most industries there is a need to publish to keep your name in circulation and help others find what's next or the zeitgeist of the industry.  However, finding the time to write a lenghy paper or presentation takes some serious time committment.  The blog gives me the balance that I need, where I can write short pieces on a topic and develop them over time. 

So here I am.  

A little about me.  I started my carreer in the early 90's as a network engineer, moved into programming for several years and later into information management and security.  I have worked on a number of high profile projects over the years and worked for both fortune 500 firms and small 30 member firms.  I won't go into my full profile here, but you can find me on LinkedIn or just read some about me in the banner in this blog. 

Last year I won the Brit Literary award with my co-author Ellie Myler for a paper that looked at the ISO 17799 standards and how they affect records manangement.  

This year I am speaking at the ARMA convention in Las Vegas, on the topic of ISO standards and how they influence your ECM deployment.  If you are in the Las Vegas area and in the content management space I would encourage you to attend the ARMA convention.  Its probably one of the best in the industry. 

Well I hope you enjoy reading.  

George

No comments: